Thursday Chum Bucket: Comparing the NHL and NBA lockouts
- Elliotte Friedman breaks down the similarities in rhetoric and strategy between last year's NBA lockout and the NHL's current work stoppage. [CBC]
- Former Sharks first rounder Charlie Coyle and fellow Wild prospect Mikael Granlund are tearing it up in Houston and represent the future for Minnesota. [Sporting News]
- What were the best free agent signings between the 2005 and 2012 lockouts? [NHL Numbers]
- Apple's Siri has taken to taunting hurricane victims and NHL fans alike. [Slate]
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Try your hand at playing Donald Fehr and see if you can end the lockout. [BoC]
- Not hockey-related but our friends over at Athletics Nation provide a pretty good defense of Moneyball in the face of some post-World Series gloating mixed with stupidity (always a great combination!) by the San Francisco Chronicle. [Athletics Nation]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.