Thursday Chum Bucket: San Jose fans, businesses prepare for lockout
- On Sharks fans and local businesses bearing the brunt of the NHL lockout that begins tonight in earnest in San Jose as the team will obviously not be hosting the Coyotes in preseason action. For what it's worth, several studies have shown the economic impact of major sports league's work stoppages to be minimal. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Speaking of canceled exhibition games, Daniel Wagner misses the preseason. [Backhand Shelf]
- We have a McGinn sighting! Unfortunately, it's Jamie's little brother Tye. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Here's the complete TV schedule for college hockey this season, so you still have something to watch as the lockout rambles on. [SB Nation]
- Alex Steen signing in Sweden has resulted in the implosion of the SEL. [Canucks Army]
- In the absence of an NHL season, let the world's most talented female hockey players compete for the Stanley Cup. [The Hockey Writers]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.