Tuesday Chum Bucket: Welcome to a revamped Fear The Fin
- "We're just pieces of meat that get to eat some grass for awhile." More on Martin Havlat's response to Jim Devellano's comments that the players are essentially cattle to the owner's ranchers in these negotiations. As Jen Neale pointed out on Twitter, does that make the fans the manure? [Puck Daddy] [CSN Bay Area]
- Well this sucks. Earl and Rudy will be leaving Battle of California at the end of 2012. On the bright side, they made a better use of the new SB Nation United front page than any other site. [BoC]
- Bill Daly's got jokes: "We're 100 percent focused on not missing any regular-season games." [Defending Big D]
- Apart from the brilliant PR move of firing mascots, how are NHL teams cutting costs during the lockout? [Down Goes Brown]
- In case you've been living under a rock for the past few months, here's an in-depth explanation of how we got to this point in the CBA negotiations. [Deadspin]
- What kind of impact would another lockout have on the local economy? [Broad Street Hockey]
- Here's something we can all get behind: why the Anaheim Ducks are the absolute worst. [Winging It In Motown]
- Today in "the Edmonton Oilers are a joke" news: Owner Daryl Katz advances his hollow, insulting and extortionary threat to move the team to Seattle if he can't squeeze another $50 million in public money out of the city council. [The Copper & Blue]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.