Wednesday Chum Bucket: Are the Sharks in talks to extend Clowe?
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Recaps of the Sharks' 6-3 win over Edmonton. [Fear The Fin] [Mercury News] [CSN Bay Area] [Couch Tarts] [AP] [NHL.com] [The Copper & Blue] [mc79hockey]
- Pierre LeBrun hints that the Sharks have had preliminary talks with Ryane Clowe in the hope of signing him to a contract extension. Clowe will become a UFA this July. [ESPN]
- Reader Mark passes along this awesome-looking shirt for use the next time the Ducks visit the Shark Tank. [Zazzle]
- Tomas Holmstrom officially announced his retirement yesterday. [Free Press]
- Speaking of the Red Wings, they've finally replaced Nicklas Lidstrom by signing former Sharks defenseman Kent Huskins. [Winging It In Motown]
- Nino Niederreiter has requested a trade from the New York Islanders. Get it done, DW. [Backhand Shelf]
- A look at some of the more creative ways NHL teams are trying to make things up to their fans. [Down Goes Brown]
- A timeline of the "Wayne Gretzky about to be named president of the Maple Leafs" rumor. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Dallas beat Detroit 2-1, Philadelphia is now 0-3 on the season, the Blackhawks defeated the Blues 3-2 and more in yesterday's NHL action. [SB Nation]
- Never change, Minnesota: