Wednesday Chum Bucket: San Francisco Bulls announce TV schedule
- We'll all be jonesin' for televised professional hockey soon enough and the Sharks' new ECHL affiliate can get us our fix. In their inaugural season, the San Francisco Bulls will be on the Comcast Hometown Network 18 times, including opening night October 12th, while all 72 games will be broadcast on KNBR radio. [SF Bulls]
- If there's one thing the Sharks have unequivocally been the best team in the league at during the Todd McLellan era, it's the power play. Tyler Dellow takes a look at the Sharks' creativity on neutral zone entries while a man up that contributes to their success. [mc79hockey]
- Bay Area investor Chris Hansen has reached an agreement with the Seattle City Council to finance and build a $490 million arena there with the objective of seeking NHL and NBA tenants. Seriously though, his name is Chris Hansen. I personally can't wait for "To Catch a Predators Night" when Nashville comes to town. [The Hockey Writers]
- Friend of the blog Mike Chen has a review of NHL 13 up. Still no word on whether NHL Moments Live allows you to recreate Dan Boyle firing the puck into his own net. [Rotorob]
- If Bulls games aren't enough to quench your thirst for hockey during the lockout, NBC Sports announced an expanded college hockey schedule. Matt Nieto's Terriers will be on at least three times. [SB Nation]
- From the false hope department; Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr believe that, if there is a lockout, it won't last for long. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- From the holy shit everybody panic department: NHLPA agent Scott Norton believes that the lockout will last a year and a half. [Puck Daddy]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.