Wednesday Chum Bucket: Team USA will face Canada in Semis
- Tomas Hertl was dominant at creating chances in the offensive zone but it wasn't close to enough as Team USA received a hat trick from Johnny Gaudreau in a 7-0 trouncing of the Czechs at the World Junior Championships. They'll move on to face Canada in semifinal action tomorrow. [IIHF]
- The league and union reportedly have an agreement on CBA length and revenue sharing as they inch closer towards a deal prior to what's apparently a January 11th deadline. They will likely meet again at some point today. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- There have been rumblings that the NHL is looking to expand the playoffs to include four more "wild card" teams. Is this a good idea? [Puck Daddy]
- J.J. makes the case that NHL players should stay out of the 2014 and 2018 Winter Olympics. [Winging It In Motown]
- Lighthouse Hockey's list of their top posts in 2012 is filled with excellent reads. [Lighthouse Hockey]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.