Wednesday Chum Bucket: Wingels going to Finland
- Tommy Wingels has signed with KooKoo of the MHL, Finland's second-tier hockey league. [CSN Bay Area]
- The San Francisco Bulls play their first-ever game tonight, opening their preseason schedule at the Cow Palace. Coach, GM and co-owner Pat Curcio discusses the potential benefits of an NHL lockout to the debut ECHL franchise. [Working the Corners]
- Logan Couture had an assist as HC Geneve defeated HC Lugano 3-2 yesterday in Swiss League action. [National League A]
- Are there gritty, heart-oozing big-game performers who step it up in the playoffs? (Hint: Eric T. wrote this article so you can probably guess what the answer is). [NHL Numbers]
- Former Sharks goalie Vesa Toskala has retired from hockey; a decision that was reinforced when a water bottle flung 180 feet from the podium by an irate Maple Leafs fan during Toskala's press conference slipped between his legs. Thanks for Logan Couture and the first round of the 2006 playoffs, Tosk. [Sportsnet]
- Dan Rusanowsky on players to watch at the Worcester Sharks training camp. [San Jose Sharks]
- 30 players hurt by the lockout, including Dan Boyle. [Hockey Prospectus]
- If the lockout ever ends, the Sharks should sign Patrick Thoresen. [Oilers Nation]
- On that front, Bill Daly claims the NHL has already lost $100 million thanks to the canceled preseason and that the players have not shown "willingness to compromise." Apparently the owners moving somewhat closer to (but still on the outskirts of) sanity from their initial batshit proposal means they have "compromised." [Pro Hockey Talk]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.