Wednesday Sharks Links: Chance to coach McDavid lured McLellan to Edmonton
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- In a radio interview, Todd McLellan divulged that the chance to coach next month's first overall draft pick Connor McDavid played into his decision to take the Edmonton job. [Sportsnet]
- McLellan got pointers from Sidney Crosby at the World Championships on how to best handle uber-prospect McDavid's transition to the NHL at age 18. [Edmonton Sun]
- Four of McLellan's most important quotes from yesterday's introductory press conference in Edmonton. [Cult Of Hockey]
- Mike Babcock has been offered a long-term contract to coach the Buffalo Sabres believed to be in the $50 million range. He's expected to make his final decision at some point today. [Buffalo News]
- Boston promoted assistant general manager Don Sweeney into the GM role, replacing the fired Peter Chiarelli. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Chicago tied their series with Anaheim in triple overtime last night as Marcus Kruger potted the winner. [Second City Hockey]/