Friday Chum Bucket: NHL calls for 2-week break in negotiations
- Seeing as an immense amount of progress was made with the discussions that took place over the last two weeks, the NHL has declared a two-week moratorium on CBA negotiations with the players' association which should give them ample time to leak as much anti-Fehr rhetoric to the media as possible while moving no closer to a deal. [Puck Daddy]
- If a deal isn't reached in seven days (which is almost certainly the case at this point), games scheduled through December 15th will reportedly be canned. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The mediator who averted an NFL lockout last summer is willing to work with the NHL and NHLPA free of charge. Maybe they should look into this? [Backhand Shelf]
- Center Marek Viedensky was reassigned from Worcester to San Francisco while defenseman Mikael Tam was loaned by the Sharks' AHL affiliate to their ECHL affiliate. [SF Bulls]
- Meg updates his repertoire of Patrick Marleau facts with a lockout edition. [BoC]
- Should the Sharks re-sign Ryane Clowe, who's slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer? (He likes Louis C.K. so I'd lean towards yes) [The Hockey Writers]
- How well does a team's goal differential in one season predict their performance in the next? This might be of interest to the Sharks who had the fifth-best goal differential in the West last year despite an awful shooting percentage. [NHL Numbers]
- An early projection of the top 30 picks in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. [The Hockey News]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.