Wednesday Chum Bucket: Where did the offense go?
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Recaps from the Sharks' 1-0 overtime loss to Nashville. [Fear The Fin] [Mercury News] [CSN Bay Area] [NHL.com] [On the Forecheck]
- In case you missed that game (or, more likely, fell asleep partway through it) Brent Burns and Scott Gomez were surprise last-minute scratches. [CSN Bay Area]
- Video: Todd McLellan thinks the Sharks need to find a way to get over the hump. [CSN Bay Area]
- How does Antti Niemi not get a nod as a Vezina candidate at the quarter-pole? [ESPN]
- Chicago, the Sharks' next opponent, remained undefeated in regulation...by losing a shootout to the Anaheim Ducks. Thanks for nothing, Hawks. [The Committed Indian]
- Has the offensive defenseman role in Boston been ruined forever? [Puck Daddy]
- Columbus fired GM Scott Howson less than 24 hours after his team defeated the Sharks 6-2. If they don't mind, I'd love to see the Sharks lose 6-2 to Vancouver and Los Angeles next if this is the result. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Jarmo Kekäläinen is your new GM of the Blüe Jäckets. [SB Nation]