Thursday Chum Bucket: Sharks cancel three preseason games
- And so it begins. The league announced their first round of game cancellations yesterday, drawing a giant red X over the entirety of their September preseason schedule. A game in Vancouver and tilts at the Tank against Phoenix and Anaheim are the Sharks' casualties. [CSN Bay Area]
- Corey Pronman ranks his top 100 NHL prospects. Sharks first-rounder Tomas Hertl comes in at 84th. [Hockey Prospectus]
- Speaking of rankings, Jeff Angus with his top 50 NHL players by trade value. Just a great read. [Angus Certified]
- Completing the hat trick of lists, Central Scouting released their preliminary watch list for the 2013 entry draft. There had better be a season because "suck as hard as Attack of the Clones for the chance to draft Seth Jones" deserves to be chanted or at least put on a sign. [NHL.com]
- Here's a live tracker of all NHL player signings in Europe during the lockout, both rumored and confirmed. [Elite Prospects]
- Ryan Kesler has been singled out for on-ice embellishment. News at eleven. [Pass It To Bulis]
- Introducing the one man in the NHL who stands to benefit from a full-season lockout. [The Copper & Blue]
- Finally, stick tap to reader Noctro for finding this CBC pre-draft interview with Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Roberto Luongo conducted during the 1997 Stanley Cup Final. Thornton says the word "good" about six times within a sentence, Marleau stares awkwardly into the camera and Luongo describes a season in which his team lost in the semifinals as "really good." Some things never change. [YouTube]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.