Thursday Sharks Links: Oilers officially interview Todd McLellan
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Excited at the prospect of joining an organization that's installed Bob Nicholson and Peter Chiarelli at the helm and is slated to add Connor McDavid next month, Todd McLellan officially interviewed with Chiarelli for the Oilers' head coaching job yesterday in Prague. [NHL.com]
- McLellan's Team Canada squad came back from 3-0 down to beat Team Sweden in round-robin World Championships action. Brent Burns picked up an assist in the 6-4 win. [CBC]
- Tyler Johnson scored with a second left in regulation to power the Lightning to a 2-1 win over Montreal to take a 3-0 lead in their second round series. [SB Nation]
- In D.C., Andre Burakovsky scored both Capitals goals in a 2-1 victory as the Capitals claimed a 3-1 stranglehold on their series against the Rangers. [Japers' Rink]
- Calgary's Bob Hartley, New York's Alain Vigneault and Nashville's Peter Laviolette were named the three finalists for the Jack Adams Award as coach of the year. [Eye On Hockey]
- Ilya Kovalchuk won't count out a return to the NHL in the near future. [ESPN]/