Wednesday Chum Bucket: Previewing Team USA's WJC opponents
- Team USA, featuring Sean Kuraly, opens its World Juniors schedule tomorrow against Germany. Chris Peters analyzes that matchup, as well as their upcoming round-robin games against Group B opponents Russia, Canada and Slovakia. [United States of Hockey]
- Can Tomas Hertl lead the Czech Republic to a medal this year? [SB Nation]
- According to Kevin Kurz, Ryane Clowe, Michal Handzus, Dan Boyle and Thomas Greiss would be among the Sharks most disadvantaged by a canceled NHL season. [CSN Bay Area]
- With the league locked out, Switzerland's Spengler Cup, which features Joe Thornton on HC Davos and Jason Demers on Team Canada, will be a lot more interesting. [Backhand Shelf]
- Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Martin Havlat are among the eight highest scorers in the league in ESPN's simulated season. So that's something. [ESPN]
- Attorney Doug Abrams analyzes the current labor dispute between the NHL and PA. [Hockey Prospectus]
- Some pretty cool stuff from John Fischer here: a review of every primary assist recorded by Ilya Kovalchuk last season. [In Lou We Trust]
- Based on the shot charts, Jordan Eberle's high shooting percentage last season wasn't a result of him frequenting high-percentage scoring areas to a greater degree. [mc79hockey]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.