Wednesday Sharks Links: Hertl getting back on track
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Tomas Hertl's diminished shot rate and a larger average shot distance have contributed to a sophomore slump so far this season. Driving the net more often and getting in position to knock in rebounds should help him get back on track and last night's game was a good start. [The Hockey Writers]
- Recaps of the Sharks' 3-2 win over Arizona. [Fear The Fin] [Mercury News] [CSN Bay Area] [SF Chronicle] [Five For Howling] [NHL.com]
- Tyler Kennedy talked about his return to the lineup following a five-week stint on injured reserve. [Working the Corners]
- San Jose's signing of Melker Karlsson, apart from currently paying great dividends, was part of a NHL-wide raid of the Swedish Hockey League team Skelleftea IK following their championship last season. St. Louis, Philadelphia and Nashville signed Karlsson's former teammates Joakim Lindstrom, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and Johan Alm, respectively. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Buffalo retired all-time great Dominik Hasek's jersey last night. [Eye On Hockey]
- Contract extension negotiations between the Los Angeles Kings and Justin Williams have come to a halt. [ESPN]/