Friday Chum Bucket: T.J. Galiardi injures knee in Germany
- Sharks forward T.J. Galiardi injured his knee while in action with the German DEL club he had signed with during the lockout. The injury is reportedly not serious as he'll be returning to North America to skate with his junior team, the WHL's Calgary Hitmen. Galiardi is likely penciled into the third-line left wing slot in San Jose's depth chart whenever the season starts. [CSN Bay Area]
- Brodie Brazil discusses the potential schism within NHL ownership that is obscured to the public thanks to the league's harsh muzzling rules. [CSN Bay Area]
- Federal mediation sessions for the NHL and PA are now over, having unsurprisingly achieved nothing. Gary Bettman's next idea involves the two sides meeting without their respective leadership present. We'll see how that goes. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Elliotte Friedman's always-informative 30 Thoughts column includes an indication that the true drop dead date for negotiations as far as preserving any semblance of a season goes is likely between January 1st and 15th. [CBC]
- Ottawa Senators uber-prospect Mika Zibanejad, who scored the golden goal for Team Sweden at the 2012 World Junior Championships, will be barred from appearing in the 2013 WJC as Sens GM Bryan Murray would prefer he remain in the AHL. [NHL.com]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.