Top 25 Under 25: Rank the 2020 edition
Time to compare the kids!
Welcome to Fear the Fin’s Top 25 San Jose Sharks Under 25 series!
Each year (except last year, sorry for that folks), we take a look at San Jose’s young talent and ask the Fear the Fin community to help us rank the youth of the Sharks’ pipeline. Here’s the previous years’ rankings and recaps.
There are plenty of new names this year, so kick back and spend a day on Elite Prospects to learn about who is waiting to crack the Sharks’ roster, then vote for your favorite prospects. This year, players must be younger than 25 years old by December 31, 2020 to be eligible for the top 25 ranking. The only player that this really affected is Kevin Labanc, who turns 25 as of December 12. He is not included in our ranking. In total, 44 players are included as part of the Sharks organization.
Voting this year will be done through a Google Form.
Here are some basic guidelines as you vote:
- Unlike previous years, you must submit exactly 25 players on your response.
- Keep in mind that the form will NOT notify you if you list a player twice. Please read over your list before submitted, or else it may be thrown out.
- Users are asked to submit only one ballot. Any response determined to be spam in nature or obvious joke responses will be thrown out at our discretion.
- Email address is optional, but if there are issues with your ballot that might result in it being thrown out, this is the only way I will have to contact you, so it is appreciated. I am the only person with access to the submissions and your email address will not be shared or saved after the conclusion of the voting process.
- Ballots are due by 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday, November 8, 2020. (UPDATE, 11/8: Voting has been extended to FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020)
- Once again, that link to vote is here. It will also be embedded below./
After voting closes, we’ll look at the players that just missed the cut of the top 25, as well as those that aged out from last year’s list, before revealing the list starting from the bottom. As for what we’ll do until voting closes, we’ll provide short posts about groups of players to help you get to know all of the baby Sharks — so no pressure if you’re undecided right now.