Wednesday Chum Bucket: PA wants a meeting, NHL doesn't
- With October 25th the deadline to salvage an 82-game season, the players' association reached out to the NHL to schedule a meeting later today but comments from Bill Daly indicate that likely won't be happening. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- An overview of some positives and negative in CBA negotiations so far. [Down Goes Brown]
- Meanwhile, in Switzerland: Logan Couture scored a goal and two assists as HC Geneva defeated HC Fribourg to remain atop the Swiss National League A by a wide margin. [National League A]
- Here's the transcript of a live chat yesterday with Kevin Kurz. Some interesting insight there, including the indication that Doug Wilson might be expecting James Sheppard to be the Sharks' third-line center (Goc save us all if that's the case). [CSN Bay Area]
- The transfer agreement currently in place between the NHL and KHL means any threats of staying overseas after the end of the lockout from players currently signed to NHL contracts like Alexander Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Sergei Kostitsyn and Ilya Bryzgalov are empty ones. [Spector's Hockey]
- Brett Hull trolls Sabres fans again. [Puck Daddy]
- Should the NHL follow the AHL's lead in adopting hybrid icing? [Backhand Shelf]
- Via reader Noctro, here's a cool event scheduled for tonight designed to help out San Jose businesses that may be hurting courtesy the lockout. [Content]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.