Off the Post August 31st
Welcome to Fear the Fin's Off the Post, in which we highlight some of the hockey stories circulating around the Interwebs.
- Torrey Michell inks a three year deal at $1.36 M per.
- Breakdown of the Ehrhoff & Lukowich trade for all those who were busy this weekend.
- Could San Jose get Phil Kessel from the Boston Bruins? Stanley Cup of Chowder with your info.
- Gotta love the reassurance from Mirtle on the Ehrhoff / Lukowich trade = "Ehrhoff is overrated in general and could cause some headaches for Canucks fans."
- Die by the Blade wonders = Will the Ehrhoff / Luko trade somehow affect the Buffalo Sabres?
- Steve at Leafs Hockey Analysis offers up some intriguing, if not entirely convincing, rosterbation involving Toronto and San Jose.
- Thoughts on Dany Heatley the man, first from his hometown of Calgary, and then from our Thrashers brethren Bird Watchers Anonymous.
The Shark-killing dude behind the Brenden Morrow hat-trick is back and ready for action.
In case you missed it - Alex Tanguay is headed to the Tampa Bay Lightning. And in case you missed it - The French Connection 2 was nowhere near as good as the original.
Will Chris "Lady Byng" Pronger wear the "A" in Philadelphia?
I'm not saying Paul Kelly looks like SS officer Hans Landa... but I'm not NOT saying he does either. [UPDATE] = Kelly's ass got fired this morning.
A primer on Thomas Greiss, courtesy of Worcester.
If I knew Jay Woodcroft was in Russia the same time I was this summer, I would have at least bought him a couple vodka shots.
Warning - your retinas might malfunction after seeing this.
NOT HOCKEY = Roger Ebert deserves another Pulitzer for this blog entry on his victory over alcoholism.
Speaking of alcoholism - you may have already noticed, but a certain someone got a new moniker. Those that were there May 5th (a healthy - and surprisingly sober - lot of you) might get the reference.
He's probably going to hate me for putting this up, but FTF stalwart and all-around good guy Dave Valentine is going in for surgery tomorrow.
|Get well soon, Dave!||70|